1. Colors are all over.It doesn’t seem like you can go wrong with any color palette. Some popular mixes are red cherry and lime, coral and grey, hot pink and black or white, mocha with soft pinks, light blue and aqua, and a mixture of oranges.
floral - feelings with flowers
2. Themed weddings are back.Everything from the cake and invitations to dinner and the venue will tie into the theme.
3. Romantic elegance is the biggie in 2012.This is where the princess part comes in. Think silver or gold accents, chandeliers, English gardens, statues, ball gowns, hats and gloves, romantic candlelight, soft hair.
4. Pets in the wedding party are still huge. Everyone will be oooing and ahhing over your sweet pup as he stumbles down the aisle to bring your rings. Some are even dressing them in tiny tuxes or dresses to match the wedding party.
floral - feelings with flowers
5. Dresses are romantic.Victorian style dresses, horsehair trim, corsets, layers of soft ruffles, lace sleeves, two tiered skirts, short lengths and illusion necklines are a few of the big trends. It is also okay to add a little color this year. We are seeing dresses in light sage and blush — a beautiful addition.
6. The night doesn't end with the reception. Hosting an "after party" is gaining more and more popularity amongst couples who want their wedding festivities to last longer. This can be as simple as inviting your bridal party to your favorite bar or lounge after the reception, to inviting all your wedding guests to brunch the day after the wedding.
7. Surprises are a must. Whether the surprise is fireworks, a food truck, or even the couple performing a secret dance, it will catch guests off guard & set the tone for an amazing, fun wedding.
8. Bridal Gowns- What says romance more than Victorian-style. Sleeves and illusion necklines provide an aura of royalty for every bride.
9. Full-Scale Themes- More than a color palette themes are carried through from the invitations to the flowers to the linens to the dessert. Some popular themes include: vintage, rustic & nautical. Creativity knows no bounds, so pick one that reflects you & show it in the details.
10. Outdoor Venues - Natural settings are popular for the beauty and ambiance that they provide & the minimal decor that is required. Popular places include: Vineyards, Gardens & Farms.
11. Dessert Tables- Gone are the days of only having a wedding cake and maybe a groom's cake. Today, couples are offering up their favorite desserts at their receptions. From pies to cupcakes to cookies, it's a buffet of beautifully displayed flavors and options for guests.
12. Good Night Station- Couples now are combining food and favor into a fun, interactive station for their guests. Buffets of pastries, doughnuts or candy provide guests with a goody bag to go.
13. Faux Flower Decor- Whether paper, fabric, tissue or feathers - bouquets, centerpieces & pomander balls aren't just made from fresh flowers anymore.
14. Personalized DIY decor- This is not a new trend but continues strong as many brides are getting crafty to showcase their personality & theme and save some money. The creativity is in using 'found' and natural elements to create centerpieces, escort cards, guest book alternatives, swizzle sticks, table numbers & decor.
text source: Bridal tweet
photo source: FRESHphotography
WHAT ARE YOUR PREDICTIONS?
WILL YOU TAKE PREDICTIONS | TRENDS INTO ACCOUNT WHEN PLANNING?